Wednesday, April 29, 2015

EME2040 Reflect

This class was a lot harder than the introduction class I had to take before this, and the online class aspect of the course was hard with out a teacher being there right by your side, but professor Coleman has definitely been a wealth of information for me and helping me along this journey of a semester. This class made me realize that I do still have a lot to learn about teaching, like I still need to learn how to make a legit webpage for students and parents to go to when they need information. I need to learn how to navigate better through the internet better and find my own tech tools that I will be able to use in the classroom when I become a teacher, I never knew how much you really had to set up before a classroom to teach. This course gave me a new respect for teachers and for learning and how precious and important it really is. Some of the tech tools that I had researched through the book and looked up on the internet, were actually very useful and I am still trying to learn how to use a few like podcast and the cartoon creators like powtoon because the cartoon creations are a hit or miss for me because sometimes I save them right and sometimes they don't save at all. But overall I had a great experience and this class has been an eyeopener, I learned how to do group projects online which was different but I had great partners and I am really glad I got the chance to learn how to use some of the tech tools that real teachers use. 




References: 
  • Maloy, Robert, Verock-O’Loughlin,Ruth-Ellen, Edwards, Sharon A., and Woolf, Beverly Park (2013). Transforming Learning with New Technologies. 2nd Edition. Boston, MA: Pearson Education, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment